Not Mobile Friendly or die? Yes I know, way too dramatic, or is it? Most web sites are the modern day representation of the front door of your business. You do want as many potential customers to stop by and visit and best case scenario, to purchase your products and services. But if your web site isn’t mobile friendly it’s the equivalent of hiding your front door from 60% of potential customers. Google has formally mentioned that Responsive Web Design is the recommended selection for web sites (for quite a few years). Google provides web site designers and web site builders guidance to be able to optimize web sites for just about any google search algorithms they release.
Keeping in step with Google’s respnsive ability mandate, Google is now utilizing responsive website design as a ranking element. Which means that any organization having a responsive web site will discover this really is contributing to their increased search engine rankings on Google.
Because of this, a responsive web design is the best option for search engine optimization. Every day, additional mobile devices; smartphones and tablets are turned on and utilized on an everyday basis; with increased web sites implementing mobile-optimized information and web site designs. Research has revealed that tablet online business profits are expanding fast, showing 79% when compared to mobile phones 43% for 2018.
Research has also stated repeatedly in 2018, that we have PASSED the tipping point of desktop vs. smart device searches. Mobile interaction has now hit 60%+ vs. desktop only acquiring 40% of all searches. Without a doubt, a responsive web site design is the ideal decision for all businesses.
A very important decision for any business as well as anyone who is developing web sites, why is it that Google prefers responsive web site over any other type of created web site?
Google advises: webmasters adhere to the industry finest practice of utilizing web site design, specifically serving the same HTML for all those devices. So when Google advises or mentions anything, it is best that you listen and execute that advisement. Google IS STILL THE KING in the search jungle, whereas Bing, Yahoo and the 100’s of other search engines, all together still only comprise 25% of all searches. Google still handles 75% of ALL searches.
Mobile Site vs. Full Site
All of this is common knowledge, however if you have been living underground, this will help you get up to speed. In 2012 the Nielsen Norman Group preached emphatically that serving Full sites to a mobile device just would not work.
That was mostly true in 2012, but that was 10 years ago and advances in web design and smart devices has improved significantly since then. Android, Apple, Sony, Samsung have updated their smartphones with usally a different version every year. Newer/Faster operating systems and on and on.
We are going to ignore the two web sites versus one or maintaining a Mobile site and a Desktop/Full web site discussion, it has become irrelevant. Google recommends in regards to web site design, specifically that your web site is being served by the same whatever flavor of programming language you choose for all devices.
Again I state when Google recommends, advises or mentions anything, it is best that you listen and execute that advisement.
Google’s Official Response
We recommend using responsive web design because it:
- Makes it easier for users to share and link to your content with a single URL.
- Helps Google’s algorithms accurately assign indexing properties to the page rather than needing to signal the existence of corresponding desktop/mobile pages.
- Requires less engineering time to maintain multiple pages for the same content.
- Reduces the possibility of the common mistakes that affect mobile sites.
- Requires no redirection for users to have a device-optimized view, which reduces load time. Also, user agent-based redirection is error-prone and can degrade your site’s user experience (see Pitfalls when detecting user agents” section for details).
- Saves resources when Googlebot crawls your site. For responsive web design pages, a single Googlebot user agent only needs to crawl your page once, rather than crawling multiple times with different Googlebot user agents to retrieve all versions of the content. This improvement in crawling efficiency can indirectly help Google index more of your site’s content and keep it appropriately fresh.
What A Mobile Friendly Site Needs To Be
A mobile-friendly web site, needs to have its code optimized for desktops, smartphones and all, your web site must be quick to view and secure from all the evil doers out there, you must also maintain the users has a quality experience. A very important requirement is that your web site, is friendly for Google. Google has guidelines. Disregard them and you’ll sink. Ensure your web site is developed properly and you’ve got a chance.
The Bottom Line
Hire a professional! Like NWWCC.com. We have been producing and advertising and marketing businesses for over 24 years and we do understand how to make things correct! Be mobile friendly with your web presence or fall into the black abyss of FAIL.